Austrian Climate Research Program 2010
The ACRP focuses on issues of climate change and its impacts, adaptation, mitigation, and their mutual interrelation.
The Climate and Energy Fund (Klima- und Energiefonds) is an important instrument of the Austrian Federal Government for the creation of incentives in the field of climate policy. Within the Climate and Energy Fund framework, the Austrian Climate Research Programme (ACRP) provides a conceptual and institutional framework for supporting climate research in Austria.
Content of the 3rd call: The Climate and Energy Fund supports a broad range of research topics, the intention being to help Austria deal with climate change through mitigation and adaptation, and to contribute towards building a high level of climate research competence for relevant policy areas in Austria. The ACRP focuses on issues of climate change and its impacts, adaptation, mitigation, and their mutual interrelation.
The following thematic areas indicate the broad range covered by the ACRP research agenda and can serve as a guide for the submission of proposals:
- Thematic Area 1: Responding to Austria’s policy community
- Thematic Area 2: Understanding the climate system and consequences of climate change
- Thematic Area 3: The economics of climate change
- Thematic Area 4: The political, cultural and social dimensions of climate change
- Thematic Area 5: Reshaping Science and Governance in the Post-Copenhagen Environment
Up to Euro 5 million of funds are available under the 3rd call of the ACRP.